Care Act 2014 – Full Training Suite
Based upon Skills for Care training materials, this 12 module suite covers all elements of Care Act phase 1. Modules that are covered in this course are:
- Introduction and Overview
- Information and Advice
- Assessment and Eligibility
- Independent Advocacy
- Charging and Financial Assessment
- Deferred Payments
- Care and Support Planning
- Personal Budgets
- Direct Payments
- Review of Care and Support Plans
- Transition to Adulthood
- Integration, Cooperation and Partnerships
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Each module contains additional resource materials, useful links and refresher guides.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Why the Act has been introduced and the key changes
- A local authority’s duties, in relation to information and advice
- What an assessment should include and who is eligible for care and support
- The roles of, and who can be an ‘appropriate individual’
- What to consider when undertaking a financial assessment and learn about the implications of the Act for self-funders
- How people can pay for their care and know the eligibility criteria for deferred payments
- The key features and standards of person-centred planning, and the planning and review process
- How the personal budget is calculated
- Administering, monitoring, reviewing and discontinuing direct payments
- Reviewing the care and support plan, or support plan
- Who should have a transition assessment and what makes for effective transition
- Care Act – Assessment and Eligibility
- Care Act – Care and Support Planning
- Care Act – Charging and Financial Assessment
- Care Act – Deferred Payments
- Care Act – Direct Payments
- Care Act – Independent Advocacy
- Care Act – Information and Advice
- Care Act – Integration, Cooperation and Partnerships
- Care Act – Introduction and Overview
- Care Act – Personal Budgets
- Care Act – Review of Care and Support Plans
- Care Act – Transition to Adulthood
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically receive a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
10 reviews for Care Act 2014 – Full Training Suite
A lot good information . Very interesting.
Excellent use of case examples used to get message across clearly.
Really informative and helped clarify misunderstandings I had.
Informative and clear in making distinctions between appropriate individual, independent advocate and IMCA.
This course was very useful as I was not confident with the carers eligibility within the new care act.
Very comprehensive course, with a strong focus on the values of personalisation and the CA.
I found the course interesting and engaging and enjoyed the interactive elements.
Excellent online course, very informative.
My knowledge about carers assessments, eligibility and the provision for services to meet carers needs has been improved.
I find this course very informative and clearly documented throughout.
Better than other training I have accessed on Information and Advice / Care Act.
Learning about the one page plan was interesting and how this can be applied across different settings.
Good information to know, clear and concise on the criteria for an advocate which is useful.
A lot of information given, easy to understand and example makes it easier to apply to a situation.
Good to get an overview of commissioning and joint working clear and easy to absorb information.
Found this very useful and feel we should do this training on a regular basis.
Good information and tools for person centered planning and general information and summary on care support plan.
The course held your attention and therefore achieved what it set out to.
Excellent information on deferred payment and equity and how care costs are calculated.
Charging and Financial Assessment e-learning course was very informative.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.