Care Act – Independent Advocacy
This course forms part of the suite of e-learning courses that have been developed to support the implementation of part one of the Care Act 2014.
It is based upon the Skills for Care training materials.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and refresher guides.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- What is meant by ‘substantial difficulty’ and four areas where it may be found
- How to determine if someone has a ‘substantial difficulty’ being involved
- Who can be an ‘appropriate individual’, and what they are expected to do
- What independent advocacy is
- The role and responsibilities of the independent advocate
- What an independent advocate is required to know
- How independent advocates can be supported
- The interface with the Mental Capacity Act
- Independent Advocacy – The Appropriate Individual
- Independent Advocacy – The Independent Advocate
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Contact us
6 reviews for Care Act – Independent Advocacy
Very easy to follow and the key points are put in a way that they are easily remembered.
The course was informative and easy to listen to/read through. I also like the links to the full care act for easier access.
I like the way it was broken up into sections with informative pieces, questions and videos this provided more engaging learning
Good easy to understand and follow, informative.
I found it very informative and interesting. Thank you.
Very easy to progress through information presented in an easy to follow and understand.
I found that the refresher guides were extremely helpful and used in conjunction with the e-learning.
I found this course interesting and very informative. I found it easy to use and navigate.
I found the course to be very informative and learnt a great deal.
I found the course interesting and it will help in my everyday practice
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.