Care Certificate Training For Assessors
The Care Certificate has been developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health to demonstrate that health and social care workers are knowledgeable, safe and able to provide compassionate, high-quality care to vulnerable people.
Our Skills for Care endorsed Care Certificate training comprises a series of 15 short courses designed to provide you with complete working knowledge and understanding of the Care Certificate’s standards.
It’s the assessor’s job to observe, listen, witness and check each learner’s evidence to ensure that they are able to put their skills into practice every day. This course gives you the knowledge to plan, undertake and record your own assessment decisions, within the framework of the Care Certificate.
Assessor training also gives employers confidence that their assessors are applying the Care Certificate in a standardised way. This ensures that their training is relevant and supports good practice.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours you’ve earned, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a full knowledge of:
- The purpose of the Care Certificate and its relevance to your organisation
- The assessment process, from planning and observing evidence to recording and giving feedback
- Selecting and applying assessment methods appropriate to each of the standards that you are competent to assess and to the individual learner being assessed
- Background to the Care Certificate
- The Standards
- Purpose of Assessing and the Role of the CQC
- The Role of the Assessor
- Local Application of the Care Certificate
- Planning Assessments
- Assessment – Evidence of Learning
- Assessment – Written Evidence
- Assessment – Oral Evidence
- Assessment – Observed Evidence
- Assessment – Group Evidence and Prior Learning
- Making Assessment Decisions
- Recording Assessments
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact email@example.com for more information.Contact us
5 reviews for Care Certificate Training For Assessors
Really good course, easy to use and understand. Would recommend!
Was extremely engaging.
Significantly improved my knowledge.
The course was very interesting. Learnt things that I did not know before.
I really enjoyed the course as it was very engaging and the materials were very inclusive.
Well paced and informative.
Very informative and provides practical, useable information.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.