Duty of Care – for Health and Social Care
As you work your way through this five-module duty of care training course you will develop an understanding of how the duty of care is not so much a burden as a universal approach which contributes to safe practice. You’ll also look at some dilemmas that can arise and learn how to deal with incidents, errors, near misses and complaints as well as understand how to deal with confrontation and difficult situations.
The knowledge element of standard 3 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course, at the end of which you’ll get a certificate with your name, the CPD hours earned, the date and learning objectives discussed.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good knowledge of:
- What is meant by ‘duty of care’
- What to do when someone makes a comment or a complaint
- What are incidents, errors and near misses
- The relevant health and safety legislation
- How to manage conflict
- Understand how the Duty of Care contributes to safe practice
- Understand the support available for addressing dilemmas that may arise about Duty of Care
- Deal with comments and complaints
- Deal with incidents, errors and near misses
- Deal with confrontations and difficult situations
4 reviews for Duty of Care – for Health and Social Care
The course was very well presented and an eye-opener for me and across the board
Very informative and directly applies to my day to day area of work and will enhance my delivery of service.
An interesting course, it taught me a lot. It highlights areas where I need to continue to learn and develop
I liked that it was interactive, that information was provided in a variety of ways and the questions made you think.
It was very interactive and interesting. It was made simple and easy to use which I liked
It was informative and the questions and quizes helped reinforce the learning
The course was interesting, and will help me within my job role
You can go at your own pace and also go back over topics if you were not quite sure you understood it
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.