Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care Training Course
This three-module equality and diversity course covers the basic tenets of equality and diversity and outlines how to work in an inclusive way. It provides relevant information, advice and support on the subjects of equality and diversity with a health and social care application.
You’ll learn about protected characteristics, diversity in the workplace and how to promote equality and diversity in a health or social care setting.
The knowledge element of Standard 4 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course, on completion of which you’ll get a certificate with your name, CPD hours earned, date and learning objectives achieved.
However, if you’re seeking a more general equality and diversity training course, take a look at our generic Equality and Diversity course as an alternative.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a complete working knowledge of:
- The meaning of ‘person-centred care’ and its relevance to diversity
- The differences between equality, diversity, inclusion and discrimination
- The legislation relating to discrimination, including the Equality Act 2010
- How your own prejudices might influence the way you work
- How to challenge discrimination
- Where to access information and advice
- Understand the importance of equality and inclusion
- Work in an inclusive way
- Access information, advice and support about diversity, equality and inclusion
4 reviews for Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care Training Course
Much more interesting that other online courses because of the variety of different methods used, this kept me engaged
Very informative and directly applies to my day to day area of work and will enhance my delivery of service.
Very well structured with small amounts of information presented in a way which made them easy to understand
I think this course is very good, as you get questions throughout, then a quiz at the end of each section
An excellent way of delivering the course
The diagrams and source material were extremely helpful
Enjoyable and thorough, straight to the point
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.