Mental Capacity Act 2005
This easily-digestible four-module Mental Capacity Act course considers the core principles – Code of Practice, Lasting Power of Attorney and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards – legislated for under the Mental Capacity Act 2005. In the course you’ll learn, via various training scenarios, how to make decisions in a person’s best interests, how to accurately assess someone’s mental capacity and when and why to use restraint.
You’ll also cover things like advance decisions, the role of the Court of Protection and Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCAs) and how mental capacity assessment works.
On completion of the course, you’ll automatically get a certificate bearing your name, CPD hours credited, the date and learning objectives discussed. This course also contains additional Mental Capacity Act training materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good knowledge of:
- What mental capacity is
- Who the Mental Capacity Act concerns
- The Mental Capacity Act code of practice
- The five core principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- When and how to assess mental capacity
- How to make decisions in a person’s best interests
- The importance of keeping good records
- What can be done within the law
- When and how to use restraint
- Deprivation of Liberty safeguards
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- How to resolve disputes
- The Court of Protection
- Advance decisions
- The role of Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCAs)
- The importance of research
- How to approach and communicate with children and young people who lack mental capacity
- Mental Capacity Act – Core Principles
- Mental Capacity Act – Assessing Capacity
- Mental Capacity Act – Protection
- Mental Capacity Act – Decisions
4 reviews for Mental Capacity Act 2005
Excellent thought provoking. Liked the scenarios before the quiz. I’m very pleased I can access this easily from my home computer.
Fantastic. Very useful update! Thank you.
I found it to be relevant, informative and covered a lot of need to know information. Well done to Me Learning.
The course is very engaging and educative. The scenarios help greatly in the understanding of the course.
It helped to refresh knowledge about issues relating to protection of vulnerable adults.
Thank you. I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues!
Very informative, correct duration and depth of information – good to have links to supporting documents.
I really enjoyed the way the course was set up, I found the sequence and combination of learning and testing very helpful.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.