Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability (Awareness) – for Health and Social Care
Each of the three main topics – mental illness, dementia, and learning disability – is discussed separately and then strategies for enabling people to live lives as they choose are introduced. Particular concerns are addressed, such as hate crime, and the stigma of mental illness.
The knowledge element of standard 9 of the Care Certificate is covered in depth.
On course completion you will automatically get a certificate with your name, date, CPD hours earned and the learning objectives covered.
Check out our Dementia Awareness Course too.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- What a learning disability is
- The experience of a person with a learning disability
- The possible support needs of people with mild, moderate and severe learning disabilities, and how they differ
- What dementia is
- What the lived experience of a person with dementia might be
- The possible support needs of people with mild, moderate and severe dementia
- Different types of mental illness
- What the experience of a person with a mental illness can be
- The possible support needs of people with different mental illnesses
- How to promote the safety of people with a disability
- Social and medical models of disability
- How to support a person with a learning disability, dementia or a mental illness
- The importance of early diagnosis
- Legislation relating to people with mental illness, learning disability or dementia
- The requirement for confidentiality
- Aspects of mental capacity in decision-making
- Dementia – Needs and experiences
- Learning Disabilities – Needs and experiences
- Understand the needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions
- Adjustments necessary in caring for individuals
- Early detection of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand the legislation and policies
- Mental capacity and how care is provided
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability (Awareness) – for Health and Social Care
The course is highly engaging and interesting and includes a number of pictures and videos used to deliver the content.
Very interesting and well presented. Easy to do.
A very good source of information, vastly improving my knowledge on the area. Making me have more confidence when dealing with the situations.
I thought the course was engaging and informative, and therefore cannot be improved!
Brilliant info given. I believe this is a highly effective mechanism of delivering the course content to individuals.
Informative and learnt information I did not know before.
I found it great! Relevant information and time well spent!
Thoroughly engaging and helpful in improving my knowledge about the subject.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.