Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2
On completion of this comprehensive but easily digestible nine-module food safety course, you will be able to comply with food-related laws, understand the key aspects of food hygiene practice and know how to minimise hazards. This training, which covers all environmental health requirements, will help towards preparing for an environmental health inspection as well as have a positive effect on your food hygiene rating.
On completion of the course, you will automatically get a course certificate complete with your name, the CPD hours undertaken as well as the date and specific learning objectives met.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Why food safety training is important
- Your personal and legal responsibilities
- Relevant food safety law
- The hazards of a kitchen
- Different types of bacteria and how they spread
- The impact of food-borne illness
- How food becomes contaminated and how to prevent cross contamination
- How to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices, safe temperatures and storage
- What HACCP is and how to use it
- How to identify food hygiene hazards
- Best practice when handling food
- How to apply food safety controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene
- The importance of personal hygiene
- What food poisoning is and how to prevent it
- The Importance of Food Safety and Hygiene
- Food Safety Law and Regulations
- Kitchen Hazards – Dangerous Environments
- Kitchen Hazards – The Law and Your Role
- Food Contamination Hazards
- Bacteria in the Kitchen
- Preventing Food Poisoning
- Maintaining Good Personal Hygiene
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point HACCP
4 reviews for Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2
I thought the course was very enjoyable and engaging, loved the bacteria module – quite shocking!
Use of case studies and scenarios made it a lot easier to put yourself in the situation.
Great food safety course and well presented, the use of videos is excellent.
Very good. Easy to understand the legislation and thorough. Quiz questions really helped test my knowledge.
Interactive questions throughout the presentations were really useful, great stuff.
It was very engaging and interesting with lots of interactivity, images, audio and other methods to keep me focused.
Loved this. Great doing a food safety course like this at the computer, so easy.
Very good, and full of useful information, particularly enjoyed the personal hygiene module.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.