Basic Life Support (BLS) – for Health and Social Care
This basic life support course is split into easily digestible chunks. You’ll cover all the bases of basic life support as a subject and come away with the knowledge you’ll need to confidently deal with life-threatening situations.
As well as adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation, you will also learn about child and infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), how to use an automatic external defibrillator (AED) and how to deal with someone who is choking.
This BLS training course is based on the latest Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines and contains guidance and videos kindly provided by St John Ambulance. It also provides the knowledge element of Care Certificate Standard 12. At the end, you’ll receive a certificate bearing the date, your name, CPD hours and learning objectives.
However challenging the situation, once you’ve done this course you’ll be better equipped to step up in a range of difficult situations. And you might just be able to save a life!
If you don’t work in the Health and Social Care are and you are looking for a broader course, please click here.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good knowledge of:
● The difference between a heart attack and a cardiac arrest
● What to do if someone suffers a cardiac arrest
● How to open an airway
● When and how to put a person into the recovery position
● How to perform chest compressions and give rescue breaths
● How to use an automatic external defibrillator (AED)
● How to recognize when a person is choking and what action to take
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Child and Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Basic Life Support (BLS) – for Health and Social Care
Easy to use. Very concise and informative
Very good and informative, fantastic
I enjoyed the experience and will do more learning this way
Very good easy to follow
Clear and very helpful
Brilliant course and very well presented
Thank you Me Learning – great course
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.