Health and Safety – for Health and Social Care
At induction level, employees should understand the responsibilities of themselves and others, with consideration to fire safety, managing stress and sitting comfortably at a workstation.
This course covers these areas and also looks at how to move and assist safely, how to handle any hazardous substances and how to respond to accidents and sudden illnesses.
If you work in health or social care, this course will give you the basic understanding of health and safety that you will need to confidently do your job.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Key policy and legislation relating to health and safety in your work setting/situation
- The main health and safety responsibilities of you, your manager and the individuals you support
- Where and from whom additional support and information relating to health and safety can be accessed
- How to record and report issues
- Understand Your Responsibilities Relating to Health and Safety in the Work Setting
- Understand Risk Assessment
- Move and Assist Safely
- Understand Procedures for Responding to Accidents and Sudden Illness
- Understand Medication and Healthcare Tasks
- Handle Hazardous Substances
- Promote Fire Safety
- Work Securely
- Manage Stress
- Disability Awareness
- Sitting at your Workstation
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Health and Safety – for Health and Social Care
I really liked it. It was good as I learnt thinks I never knew before.
I was fully engaged and found it very interesting and I am sure it will assist me in my line of work, thank you.
Excellent course – very informative.
Delivered in a simple and clear language that was easy to understand.
Concise and clear. Brilliant
Excellent self-explanatory course.
I found this course very interesting. Thanks.
An insight into an area I now know I knew little about.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.