Infection Control and Prevention
Germs are everywhere – while they’re often harmless, they can be deadly. So, we need to understand what we can do to prevent them from spreading as much as we can. In this course, we explore how different types of germ can affect us when in our bodies, and how we can keep ourselves safe, from having good hand hygiene to using the correct PPE.
It doesn’t matter if you work in a café, construction site or care setting, this course is suitable for all adults, and will teach you the basics around preventing and controlling infection so that you can keep yourself and others safe.
After completing this course, you will understand:
- The causes of disease and the different types of germ (including Coronavirus)
- How infection gets into the body and how to prevent it
- How to maintain good hand hygiene and stop the spread of infection
- The responsibilities you have in keeping yourself and those around you safe from infection
- The appropriate prevention measures to take
- The different types of PPE and when they should be used
- How to safely dispose of different types of waste (including sharps and clinical waste)
- How waste disposal may differ depending on where it is being generated
Infection control and prevention.
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact email@example.com for more information.Contact us
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.