Infection Control & Prevention Training for Health & Social Care
This course helps you identify the causes of infection-based illness and what you can do to minimise the risk of infection. It answers key questions and issues including: what is infection control in healthcare, how to practise effective hand hygiene, the use of personal protective equipment and how to safely handle infected or soiled linen and clinical waste.
The knowledge element of standard 15 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course, at the end of which you will automatically get a course certificate with your name, CPD hours, date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good knowledge of:
- How infection can get into the body and how you can stop the spread of infection
- The causes of disease
- How to maintain good hand hygiene
- What to do if you are ill
- What is personal protective equipment (PPE) and when/how to use it
- What to do with soiled linen and clinical waste
- How infection gets into the body
- Effective hand hygiene
- Explain how your own health or hygiene might pose a risk to the individuals you support or work with
- List common types of personal protective clothing equipment and procedures and when to use them
- Handling infected or soiled linen and clinical waste
4 reviews for Infection Control & Prevention Training for Health & Social Care
Great range of different tasks to keep it interesting.
Very good, well explained and thorough. Examples and questions throughout maintained interest.
The video clips enhanced the course and made the course more interesting.
Really interactive, I have learnt a lot.
Very quick and clear engaging course.
Excellent e-learning course!
Challenging and informative.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.