This course offers a comprehensive overview on manual handling and the responsibilities of all staff when it comes to reducing the risk of injury through manual handling operations.
The course includes practical advice and provides organisations a level of compliance to meet many of their health and safety training obligations.
On completion of the course, you’ll get a certificate with your name, CPD hours, the date and key learning objectives.
The course also contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide and is available as a demo to ensure suitability.
In this course you will learn:
- The risks involved in manual handling
- The law surrounding it, your employer’s responsibilities, and employee’s responsibilities
- The hierarchy of measures to reduce risk, and some practical advice to get you started
- How much the average male and female can lift, and the basic techniques of good lifting practice
- The principles of team lifting, and how to safely move people
- The muscles used in manual handling, common spinal injuries, and tips on how to look after your back
- Mind your back
- Risks and responsibilities
- How much can you lift
- Lifting safely
- Muscle and spinal injuries
4 reviews for Manual Handling
Very good and easy to understand.
I learnt new things from the course which will inform my practice.
Ample information for the subject.
I would like to learn through other courses of this format.
It was a well thought out course.
Very easy to follow and digest information – very good.
Extremely useful and just the right length.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.