Eating Disorder Awareness Course
This three-module eating disorder training for professionals course gives an insightful overview of the subject. It describes the physical and psychological symptoms of anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorders and the possible causes.
It also touches on eating disorders in children and what causes them, how carers and families can help when they suspect someone may have an eating disorder and what treatments are currently available.
You will automatically get a certificate on course completion which includes your name, CPD hours earned, date and learning objectives covered.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have an in-depth knowledge of:
- What an eating disorder is, who can develop them and the causes
- The myths surrounding eating disorders – and the real facts
- The characteristics of the three main types of eating disorder
- Other mental illnesses that may co-exist alongside eating disorders
- Behavioural changes in those with an eating disorder
- The psychological effects and physical signs to look out for
- How an eating disorder affects the whole family
- The long-term complications associated with eating disorders
- What to say and what to do when you think someone might have an eating disorder and the importance of early intervention
- The steps a GP might take
- What is expected of carers – the family, carer and GP team – and difficulties they may face
- Typical treatments available
- What special considerations are needed for children and adolescents
- What is an Eating Disorder?
- What are the Signs and Symptoms?
- What to do if you Have a Concern
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically receive a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Eating Disorder Awareness Course
This was informative, interesting and engaging. Thank you!
It was a simplified easy to understand course.
The information was easy to follow and understand.
Very Good. I really enjoyed it and will be researching more.
A great insight on some serious topics helping to realise the deeper underlying problems which could be going on.
The course itself has added to my knowledge on this subject.
Really good things I can put into practice.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.