The course is split into two modules: An Introduction, and How to Respond.
You will learn the risk factors, the common reasons why somebody might self-harm, and how to respond to any young person who you suspect may be self-harming.
The course also discusses how to approach the issue in schools and how healthcare professionals can feel better prepared to help the young people they come into contact with.
On completion of the course, you will automatically get a certificate, containing your name, CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good working knowledge of:
- How and why young people self-harm
- The common risk factors and who is at risk
- The common misconceptions about self-harm, and people’s attitudes towards it
- The importance of taking all instances of self-harm seriously
- How to approach someone you think may be self-harming
- What schools should do to address self-harm
- When it is necessary to refer someone for professional help
- How someone who has self-harmed should be treated in a healthcare setting
- The online dangers for those who self-harm
- Strategies that can be used to avoid or minimise the incidence of or damage caused by self-harm
- An Introduction to Self-Harm
- How to Respond
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.