Fighting Fraud in Local Government
Fraud is a significant issue for local government, and staff at all levels can benefit from being aware of how it occurs, and their responsibilities in this area.
This course provides a clear introduction to types of corporate fraud commonly experienced in local government, such as procurement, housing tenancy, and payroll fraud.
It describes how to spot the signs of fraud and fraudsters, what staff should do if they suspect fraud, and the responsibilities of management in local authorities.
On completion of the course you will automatically get a certificate with your name, the CPD hours earned, the date and learning objectives covered. You’ll also have access to additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good knowledge of:
- The critical elements of an anti-fraud culture
- The top six types of corporate fraud
- Other significant and emerging fraud risks
- How to spot the signs of fraud, and how to respond
- How some local authorities are tackling fraud
- The importance of internal and national collaboration
- Fighting Fraud in Local Government
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.