General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) For Practitioner Training
This comprehensive online training course is focused on assisting learners to undertake the role of data protection officer (or equivalent practitioner role) under the GDPR, which came into force in May 2018.
The aim of this GDPR training course is to help you ensure that as the person who has overall responsibility for data protection within your organisation, you have the required knowledge for to help your organisation towards full GDPR compliance.
GCHQ Certified Training for GDPR compliance
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The key differences between the previous data protection regime and the new one
- What the accountability principle is and how to comply with this requirement
- What rights people have over the processing of their data and the grounds for the exercising of these rights
- How to respond to subject access requests and other requests from individuals
- How to obtain valid consent and the penalties for getting consent wrong
- The legal ways to process data
- How fines are determined and how to minimise them
- The investigative and corrective powers of supervisory authorities
- The judicial remedies against data controllers & data processors
- The rights of data subjects should they have data breached
- Guidance on what organisations should do to help prevent breaches
- What to do in the event of a breach
- What the new law stipulates a contract between a controller and a processor must contain
- What controllers and processors need to think about before contract negotiations
- The particular issues that surround cloud service providers
- Introduction and Background
- Definitions, Principles and the Law
- The Accountability Principle
- Individual Rights
- Information (Privacy) Notices
- Breach Management and Notification
- Sanctions, Remedies and Liabilities
- Steps to Compliance
- Supply Chain Management
7 reviews for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) For Practitioner Training
Very helpful in providing a broad understanding of GDPR and giving me a clear action plan of the steps that need to be taken to make sure our organisation is compliant with GDPR.
I would recommend this course to a colleague in a similar role.
I think its is a very good course and necessary one.
I was well informed and I am very pleased with this course as it is obvious a lot of work and detail has been put into it. This added knowledge will be well utilised in my progress towards new things.
Thoroughly enjoyable and enhanced my knowledge
Worth taking part in if you would like to get somewhat detailed information about the implications of GDPR.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.