This engaging Information Governance course will help to ensure that all people working with sensitive and personal data are aware of their responsibilities under law to keep that information safe and secure.
The course will explain how, when and to whom information can be given or withheld.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The GDPR and the new Data Protection Act
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aim of the new legislation
- Who the legislation applies to and how they will be affected
- What is meant by personal data and special category data
- Why protecting personal data is important
- What the core data protection principles are
- The improved rights for individuals
- The new conditions for consent
- Who administers the penalties
- The importance of keeping data secure and what needs to be protected
- The main threats to data and data systems
- The basics of cyber security
- Key steps to keeping data secure in the workplace
- How to protect information whilst working on the move
- The importance of keeping data secure
- The principles and purpose of the Freedom of Information Act
- The key terminology associated with the Freedom of Information Act
- What a Freedom of Information request is
- What information can be requested and what information is exempt
- How and why a refused request decision can be challenged
- Data Protection
- Information and Cyber Security
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Contact us
7 reviews for Information Governance
An interesting look at the whole subject of handling information.
Very useful to my job role.
Thank you – I found this easy to use.
I like the refresher guides that come with the courses.
There is a lot of information here – but well laid out and clear.
Easy to follow. Really happy I did this.
This course was helpful in familiarising myself with the key aspects associated with requests under the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act. For a short course a lot of key and valuable information was included.
Well presented course, which has enabled me to enhance my knowledge of this subject area.
I enjoyed the course – it was a good introduction to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act without being too technical – I liked the links to the actual legislation.
Good level of overall coverage for the general user to know their duties and responsibilities.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.