This course is intended for staff who work in all sectors of business. It provides information and advice to help employees become more aware of their own unconscious biases, as well as for employers to minimise unconscious bias in the workplace.
In this course you will:
- Understand how to be more in control of your own unconscious biases
- Be able to identify bias and consider the effects on yourself and others
- Know the different types of unconscious bias
- Identify ways to reduce unconscious bias, including in the workplace
- Understand the legislation surrounding unconscious bias
Some of the topics covered include:
- What is bias?
- How do we develop biases?
- Unconscious bias
- Where unconscious bias can have an effect
- Social labelling
- The Equality Act 2010
- Theory (Social learning, Labelling theory, Self-fulfilling prophecy)
- The influence of social media
- Types of bias
- How bias affects the business and workers
- Issues of bias in education
- How to address unconscious bias
- Employer’s responsibilities
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.