Domestic Abuse and Intimate Partner Violence
Domestic abuse is a serious and widespread problem affecting nearly 10% of women and 5% of men every year. Domestic abuse leads to, on average, two women being murdered each week and 30 men each year, according to statistics from Living Without Abuse.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have knowledge of:
- What domestic abuse is
- The social and financial impact domestic abuse has
- New definition of domestic abuse, which now includes physical, emotional and sexual abuse and threats and intimidation
- Why people might stay in abusive relationships
- The risks involved in leaving abusive relationships
- What coercive control is
- The psychology of the abuser, including narcissistic personality disorder
- Male victims of domestic abuse
- Adolescent to parent violence and abuse (AVPA)
- Honour-based violence
- What you can do to help victims
- Local authority support
- Legal support
This course contains the following three topics within one modules:
- Understanding domestic abuse
- Different types
- Support for victims
Upon successful completion of all three modules you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and refresher guides.
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically receive a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.