Medication Awareness and Safe Handling of Medicines
This course will give you a good insight into the procedures that should be followed when taking charge of someone’s medication outside of a health setting. It covers requesting prescriptions, maintaining records, storing, administering and disposing of medication, self-medication and issues that might arise in the administration of medication.
The course is easy to do and comes with a wealth of supporting material as well as the option to do a demo to determine whether it’s suitable for you.
On completion of the course you will automatically get a course certificate, along with your name, CPD hours, date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good knowledge of:
- The principles of safe and appropriate handling of medicines as set out by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- The importance of good record-keeping
- Prescription requests
- Medication for people who lack capacity
- Medication storage and disposal
- Administering medication, including supporting self-administration
- The use of monitored dosage systems
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Reporting medication errors
- Transfers to other settings
- Medication Awareness
- Safe Handling of Medicines
4 reviews for Medication Awareness and Safe Handling of Medicines
The course contains a substantial amount of information in an accessible format facilitating understanding.
Very interesting and will prove valuable in my job.
Very engaging and provided a good overview. Use of example situations was helpful in order to apply the learning.
Excellent and informative.
This course was informative, and enabled me to gain understanding of the topic at hand.
I think it was very informative, simple to access and engaging.
I have been provided with a well rounded understanding of the issues at hand.
Good breakdown of the topic which is easy to follow and absorb.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.