Safeguarding Adults in Health and Social Care Training Course
Safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone who works with vulnerable adults and this course explains what is meant by the terms used, how to recognise abuse and neglect, how to reduce the risk of abuse, and what to do if you suspect abuse or if abuse is disclosed to you.
On completion of the course, you will get a course certificate bearing your name and CPD hours along with the date and learning objectives.
If you think you need an awareness course before taking an advanced and more specific one we can also help you with our Safeguarding Awareness Course.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll understand:
- What is meant by ‘safeguarding adults’
- The definition of a vulnerable adult
- How to prevent unintentional abuse
- The main types of abuse and identifying the signs
- The definition of harm
- What restrictive practices are
- Where abuse takes place
- The purpose of serious case reviews
- How treating individuals with respect can reduce the risk of abuse
- Where to find out more about adult safeguarding
- The importance of person centred care
- How to help people keep themselves safe
- Safeguarding adults boards
- Why safeguarding policies and procedures are relevant to you
- How to manage risk
- The importance of clear complaints procedures
- What to do if you suspect abuse and understanding whistleblowing
- How to support an individual who reports abuse
- Legislation relating to abuse of adults
- Whether and when you can share confidential information
4 reviews for Safeguarding Adults in Health and Social Care Training Course
The course was very interesting and informative. It was easy to follow and the information was broken down into manageable chunks.
Enjoyed the course!
I found this course very knowledgeable and useful.
I wouldn’t change anything!
I found this course both informative and interesting and will be very useful in the line of work I do.
I found the course to be extremely informative and was very useful to refresh my knowledge on safeguarding
Excellent clear concise given all the relevant information.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.