Safeguarding Adults (Level 1)
This course is in five modules, allowing you to complete one section at a time. You will learn about safeguarding – its aims and key principles; what are abuse and neglect – their definitions, different types and how you should respond; and what is Mental Capacity – and the implications for supporting vulnerable adults.
On completion of the course, you will automatically get a certificate, containing your name, CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and refresher guides.
If you think you need an awareness course before taking an advanced one we can also help you with our Safeguarding Awareness Course.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The legal duties to safeguard adults
- What is meant by adult safeguarding
- The importance of avoiding risk averse practice
- The aims of adult safeguarding and the six safeguarding principles
- ‘Person-centred’ and ‘outcomes-focused’ safeguarding practice
- What is meant by abuse and who is at risk
- Why a person might abuse another and when it is more likely to happen
- The patterns of abuse
- The different types of abuse and neglect and features of each
- The importance of balancing safeguarding with empowerment
- What you should do if you suspect abuse or neglect
- How to respond to a disclosure
- What to say to an adult at risk
- What to do in an emergency
- The importance of good record keeping
- What is Adult Safeguarding
- What is Abuse and Neglect
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- Responding to Concern
10 reviews for Safeguarding Adults (Level 1)
Good, I liked the opportunity to reflect within the course and the access to core documents.
Very Informative, covering the subjects needed for an awareness of important issues when being around vulnerable adults.
The scenarios help a great deal to make sense of the issues and put them in perspective.
Excellent course, very very informative. Just done Safeguarding Adults, now want to do Safeguarding Children.
I enjoyed this course. It was great being able to do it in bits – I did a section at a time on 3 different days.
The training was just fantastic.
It was also good being able to restart where you left off.
The presentation was very good and gave me good understanding of types of abuse, and how vulnerable adults can be protected.
I liked the way complex issues are explored and reinforced at various stages to reinforce awareness and understanding of key issues.
This course has been very direct and specific to meet the needs of the learning outcome.
The course was very good, well explained and very easy to comprehend.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.