Self-neglect can be difficult to recognise, and it can also be difficult to know how to help. It’s important to know the signs and symptoms of self-neglect and hoarding, and how to respond. We’ll be exploring these areas in this course, as well as recognising when you should be concerned about an individual and understanding Safeguarding Adult Reviews.
After completing this course, you will have a knowledge of:
- What self-neglect is and why it may occur
- The different types of self-neglect
- The characteristics of hoarding and why it occurs
- Financial abuse
- How to spot the signs of self-neglect
- The importance of working with other professionals
- How to respond to your concerns about an individual
- Self-neglect and the Mental Capacity Act
- Sharing information with and without consent
- Safeguarding Adults Reviews: what they are and why they’re important
- Making a safeguarding enquiry
- Recognising vulnerable adults as witnesses
- The importance of appraisals and supervision
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.