Supporting Male Victims of Domestic Abuse
Tackling domestic abuse against men is an important issue. Did you know that one in three victims of domestic abuse is a man and yet the majority of services are tailored towards women?
Developed by, The Mankind Initiative, a domestic violence charity based in the United Kingdom, this course explores what domestic abuse looks like, how prevalent male domestic abuse Is, what the ‘inclusive approach’ is and how you can improve your response to male domestic abuse victims.
Upon completion, you will automatically receive a PDF certificate with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have knowledge of:
- Introduction – Explore an introduction to male domestic abuse and discover some interesting statistics.
- Domestic and partner abuse against men – Learn about the different types of abuse men face.
- Domestic abuse real experiences – Discover real experiences from men who’ve suffered domestic abuse
- The signs – What signs should you be aware of that may indicate domestic abuse
- Support services response – Your response to male domestic abuse.
- Male victim-friendly policy, services, and communications – Changing the message: male victim-friendly policies, services, and communications.
- Domestic and partner abuse against men
- Domestic abuse real experiences
- The signs
- Support services response
- Male victim-friendly policy, services, and communications
- victim-friendly policies, services, and communications.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.