Effective Communication with Children and Families
In the course, you’ll learn what is meant by effective communication and how to achieve it. You’ll discover that listening is as important as speaking, and that the way our communication is perceived depends on much more than just the words that we use.
In three modules, you’ll increase your knowledge and gain confidence in your own communication skills. You’ll gain a clear picture of professional boundaries and understand the acceptable ways to communicate with children and remain professional without being impersonal.
On course completion you’ll automatically get a certificate with your name, CPD hours earned, date and learning objectives covered.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a clear knowledge of:
- How to communicate effectively with children, young people and their parents or carers
- The importance of remaining professional without being impersonal
- How to operate within, and manage, professional boundaries
- What is meant by effective communication and barriers to achieving it
- The importance of listening first and listening carefully
- The importance of being prepared
- Active and reflective listening
- The importance of watching yourself
- The types of questions that can be asked
- Appropriate Relationships
- Communicating Well with Young People
- Parents and Young Carers
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Contact us
5 reviews for Effective Communication with Children and Families
Very interesting, I just wanted to keep going.
I enjoyed the experience and will do more learning this way.
Easy to follow and educative – it offered scenarios that I may not have considered before. Time effective and very interesting.
The course kept my attention throughout. I would recommend the course for those new to working with children.
I found this course very interesting and easy to follow.
A very practical way to learn at home or in free time during work hours.
I enjoyed this course and all of the scenarios.
Very interesting, learned a lot from the course! Excellent use of my time. Thank you.
A really good course that held my attention.
Worthwhile clear information, easily absorbed.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.