Hidden Harm – Parental Substance Misuse, Parental Mental Ill-Health and Domestic Abuse
This eight module course provides a detailed awareness of hidden harm (toxic trio) and how it affects parents and children.
This course will give learners excellent knowledge of the issues that affect children living with hidden harm.
It will help the learner understand the cycle of events each hidden harm stressor produces, and highlights how to spot signs of harm and appropriate times to break this cycle of events to safeguard the child.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- What hidden harm is, the hidden harm stressors and how they are related
- The impact of domestic abuse on parenting and pregnancy
- Maternal domestic abuse
- The impact of mental ill-health
- Substance misuse
- The impact on infants and children
- Crisis theory and its impact on children
- Container-contained relationship theory and secure attachment and reflective functioning theories
- Eliciting key information safely
- Approaches to information gathering
- Structuring assessments
- What is The Toxic Trio?
- Impact on Parenting
- Impact on Babies
- Impact on Children
- Understanding the Family
- Working with Parents
- Assessing the Risk to the Child
- Helping the Child
4 reviews for Hidden Harm – Parental Substance Misuse, Parental Mental Ill-Health and Domestic Abuse
An excellent and very helpful course!
I enjoyed the course and found it clear and informative.
Great course and well presented.
Very good. Easy to understand and thorough.
This course is vital for everyone involved with children.
Very informative and thought provoking.
Very good, and full of useful information.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.