Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage
This five module course, contained in our Cultural Awareness in Safeguarding course bundle, will increase your understanding of abuse relating to ‘honour-based’ violence and forced marriage.
It will also help to reduce any anxiety you may have about carrying out your safeguarding responsibilities when working with or dealing with people who have different belief systems.
On completion of the course, which contains additional resource materials, useful links and five refresher guides, you will automatically get a certificate with your name, CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of the following subjects:
- What is meant by ‘honour’
- What it means to communities
- What forced marriage, ‘honour-based’ violence and ‘honour’ killings are
- Where the ideas come from and how big the problem is in the UK
- Who is most at risk and when they are most at risk
- What the family’s motives are
- What the aggravating factors are
- What the impact on the victim is
- The barriers to change
- The law in relation to ‘honour-based’ crimes
- What the indicators are
- Understanding the Community
- What is Forced Marriage and ‘Honour-based’ Violence?
- The Victims and Perpetrators
- Barriers to Change
- Challenges to the Professional
7 reviews for Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage
It’s extremely educative.
Brilliant course. Easily Absorbed.
I found the course content very informative and for this reason, would recommend the course to colleagues.
Really useful awareness raising and overview of an area of work that I have very little understanding of.
Informative and reinforced appropriately.
Excellent, would like to do more in this way.
This was a fantastic course and really helped with a recent case as a male domestic abuse support worker.
Very good course, very informative, goes through each module very clearly and efficiently
Interesting course with relevant information about different cultural, religious and legal aspects.
I found this course very well set out within the different modules. I have significantly improved my knowledge and now feel able to tackle this issue should it arise.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.