Safeguarding Children (Awareness) – for Health and Social Care
This thorough five-part safeguarding child protection course combines practice-based scenarios and focused questions with informative videos to help to bring the content to life. The bite-sized units cover things like child maltreatment, the effects of parental, family and career factors, domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol abuse, acting on concerns and the importance of information sharing, online risks and legislation.
As the knowledge element of standard 11 of the Care Certificate is covered, you can be reassured that you’ll gain an increased understanding of issues surrounding safeguarding and – most importantly – how best to deal with suspected abuse.
This course meets the national minimum training standards for Safeguarding Children at Level 1 as set out in “Safeguarding Children and Young people: roles and competences for health care staff.” (Intercollegiate Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 2014).
On completion of the course, you will automatically get a certificate, containing your name, CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a comprehensive knowledge of:
- Child maltreatment in all its different forms
- The relevance of parental, family and carer factors such as domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol misuse
- What to do if you have concerns about child maltreatment
- The importance of sharing information
- What to do if concerns aren’t taken seriously or you face barriers to referring a child or family for further help
- The risks associated with being online
- Child maltreatment and its different forms
- Relevance of domestic abuse, mental physical ill-health and substance misuse
- Risks associated with the internet and the online social networking
- What to do if you have concerns and the importance of sharing information
- Key legislation and guidance and an explanation of the term ‘looked after child’
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Safeguarding Children (Awareness) – for Health and Social Care
Very informative and has helped me develop knowledge and understanding by covering the basics.
The course was very interesting giving you lots of knowledge about safeguarding children.
Enjoyed the user friendliness.
Delivered in a simple and clear language that was easy to understand.
Excellent course – very informative.
Marvellous and thoroughly engaging course of a very high quality.
I like how it gets the learning material across via questions with detailed answers and looking at different examples/people.
Excellent and very educational.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.