Safeguarding Children – for Education (Level 1)
On this informative, safeguarding children level 1 course you will learn the background and legal basis to safeguarding. You will learn the definitions and key principles of child protection, child abuse (as well as the different types) and learn the context of significant harm. You will learn how to recognise the signs of abuse and its causes – plus how you should, and should not, respond.
On completion of the course, you will automatically get a certificate, containing your name, CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
The course also includes plenty of additional resource materials, useful links and a handy refresher guide.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a complete working knowledge of:
- The background, legal basis, key principles and definition for safeguarding, child protection and child abuse
- The importance of serious case reviews and Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards
- The concept of significant harm and what to do if you suspect child abuse is taking place
- Who abuses children and the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- The causes of abuse and how to recognise signs of abuse from the victim and perpetrator
- The effects of abuse on children
- How to and how not to respond to concern that a child is at risk of harm
- What information to record and what to do if you have concern
- How to respond to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
- Background to Safeguarding for Education
- Child Abuse Awareness
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- If You Have a Concern – Teachers and Support Staff
- Responding to a Disclosure – What You Should Do
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
7 reviews for Safeguarding Children – for Education (Level 1)
Very clear, the information was useful and it was about the right length of time to take in the information provided.
I found the course very informative, the interaction with questions and case studies/scenarios helped me to keep focused.
Very informative and interesting. Displayed in a way so that the information is learned easily.
Testing throughout the course helps people to learn information easier.
Very interesting and easy to learn through information and examples. Very educational for us teachers and mothers, thank you.
It’s a useful course before entering the teaching profession and gives me confidence in knowing the procedures to follow.
Salient points are covered very well, with a very good general background to issues being addressed. The tests are a good way of consolidating matters that have been covered. I particularly like the opportunity to redo the tests. In general a very well thought out introduction to this difficult area.
The course was concise and clear within its instructions and information – this made for easy learning.
I thought that this course was thorough, yet summarised the key points well and did not present too much information at once. The pictures, although very staged, did help to illustrate the points – the case studies were the most effective. I particularly liked the telephone support team – on two occasions, I telephoned to ask for support regarding non-registering pass scores and both times the assistants answered immediately and provided immediate solutions, as well as courteous service and sincere apologies.
I found the course very informative, I feel I have learnt a lot from the course that will help me in my job role. It has given me the knowledge and confidence to help me in my day to day job role.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.