Safeguarding Children – for Health (Level 1)
This Safeguarding Children for Health Level 1 course will give you a good grounding in Safeguarding Children. It will explain child abuse awareness, how to recognise abuse and neglect, what to do if you’re a health professional with concerns about the children under your care as well as how to respond to a disclosure.
However, if you’re a member of staff who might be contributing to assessing, planning, intervening in and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns; and/or are responsible for making safeguarding referrals to the Police and Children’s Social Care, you may want to consider our Safeguarding
Children for Health (Levels 1 and 2) course instead.
On completion of the course, you will automatically get a certificate, containing your name, CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
You’ll also have access to additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide to keep for future reference.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The background, legal basis, key principles of and definition for safeguarding, child protection and child abuse
- The importance of serious case reviews and Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards
- The concept of significant harm and what to do if you suspect child abuse is taking place
- Who abuses children and why
- The definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- The causes of abuse and how to recognise signs of abuse from the victim and perpetrator
- The effects of abuse on children
- How to and how not to respond to concerns that a child is at risk of harm
- What information to record and what to do if you have concerns
- How to respond to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
- Background and the Law
- Child Abuse Awareness
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- If You Have Concern – Health Professionals
- Responding to a Disclosure – What You Should Do
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically receive a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Safeguarding Children – for Health (Level 1)
I used this online course as a refresher to my safeguarding children training. I found it a useful and informative form of training.
I like the way that you can return to re-read sections and the little games do help to reinforce facts and procedures.
The course gave a precise and thorough overview of the issue.
Very interesting and useful. Recommend.
Simple, easy to follow instructions. Was able to make notes as I went along to keep for reference.
A really interesting and useful course that all of my staff have enjoyed completing. Thank you.
A really helpful course with plenty of information!
As a Child-minder who is unable to attend evening courses due to no transport or family to look after my children it was brilliant.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.