Safeguarding Children – for Health (Levels 1 and 2)
This 10-course bundle explains the meaning and key principles behind safeguarding, child protection, child abuse and significant harm. In the course, you will learn how to recognise child abuse and its causes, types, and effects – and become fully equipped to respond to it.
You’ll also learn about the key stages of the referral process (such as Children’s Social Care and the components of the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need).
On completion of the course you will automatically get a certificate bearing your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives covered.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a handy refresher guide.
PLEASE NOTE: There are alternative versions of this course tailored specifically for you if you who work in the health and education sectors. If you have already undertaken Safeguarding Children Level 1 training, then you should take Safeguarding Children (Level 2) instead.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good knowledge of:
- The background, legal basis and definition of safeguarding, child protection and child abuse
- Child protection awareness level 1 and 2 principles
- Serious case reviews and core functions of Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards
- The concept of significant harm, what to do if child abuse is suspected as well as the key principles of child protection
- Who abuses children and the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- The signs of abuse, both from the victim and perpetrator, and how to recognise them
- The causes and effects of abuse on children
- Information to record and what to do if you have concern
- Responding to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
- The types of questions that can be asked, should be asked and those that should be avoided
- Considerations to make before referring a safeguarding concern to Children’s Social Care
- Information you need to provide to Children’s Social Care and the questions you should ask
- What you and Children’s Social Care should do following a referral
- The Framework for the Assessment of Children In Need and their Families and its principles
- How to assess children’s needs
- Understand the ‘domains’ and ‘dimensions’ of the Framework
- The importance of keeping an up-to-date chronology or timeline and how to record one
- The purpose and possible outcomes of a strategy discussion and Section 47 Enquiries
- Initial child protection conferences
- Background and the Law
- Child Abuse Awareness
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- If You Have Concern – Health Professionals
- Responding to a Disclosure – What You Should Do
- Responding to a Disclosure – How to Ask Questions
- Referring Safeguarding Concerns
- Recognising and Avoiding Dangerous Safeguarding Practice
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Safeguarding Children – for Health (Levels 1 and 2)
I am now aware of the support that can be expected from colleagues to try and do the right thing by a child.
I didn’t want to do this course, but I am now so glad I did. Very interesting and full of important information.
Very good course – it brings things to your attention more, which is a good thing.
I liked this course. I feel more aware of the issues and prepared to work in this area.
The questions to reinforce learning and the quizzes helped to assimilate what I had learnt throughout the course.
I really enjoyed the way the course was set-up, I found the sequence of events and combination of learning and testing very helpful.
Good way of explaining the topic in easy bite size pieces that can be accessed at any time.
I enjoyed the course and found it easier to do at my own pace rather than sitting in larger group in a learning environment.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.