Safeguarding Children (Level 2)
The course will explain what to do before referring a case to Children’s Social Care, and what to do after a referral. It also will take you through the principles and requirements of the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need – who is it for, what are Domains and Dimensions, and explaining Section 47 Enquiries.
On completion of the course, you will automatically get a certificate, containing your name, CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Types of questions that can be asked, should be asked, and should be avoided
- Considerations before referring a safeguarding concern to Children’s Social Care
- Information you should provide to Children’s Social Care and the questions you should ask
- What you and Children’s Social Care should do following a referral
- The Framework for the Assessment of Children and their families and its principles
- Assessing children’s needs
- Understand the ‘Domains’ and ‘Dimensions’ of the Framework
- Importance of keeping an up to date chronology and how to record one
- Purpose and possible outcomes of a Strategy Discussion and Section 47 Enquiries
- Initial Child Protection Conferences
- Responding to a Disclosure – How to Ask Questions
- Referring Safeguarding Concerns
- Recognising and Avoiding Dangerous Safeguarding Practice
5 reviews for Safeguarding Children (Level 2)
This course was excellent and handy to do in work time.
It gave me all the information needed and was brilliant that you could print the refresher guides.
I was shocked by the high percentage of abuse victims and this is only what gets reported.
I feel more knowledgeable having done this course and now feel confident about reports and disclosures should the need arise.
I feel much more confident now in terms of the procedures for recognising/dealing with and reporting child abuse.
The course was really informative and very interesting.
I definitely feel much more confident in dealing with safeguarding and child protection. Thank you.
The course was excellent for filling all the gaps and confusion I had in regards to safe-guarding and child protection.
I found this course tremendously useful and interesting.
It is highly informative on a situation which can be very devastating but clearly goes through the actions of what should be done.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.