Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2)
The 10-course bundle explains the meaning and key principles behind safeguarding, child protection, child abuse and significant harm.
You will also learn how to recognise and respond to child abuse; what are its causes, types, and effects; and all the key stages of the referral process – e.g. Children’s Social Care and the components of the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
NOTE: We have alternative versions of this course tailored specifically for people who work in Health and Education sectors. And if you have already undertaken Safeguarding Children Level 1 training, then you should instead take Safeguarding Children (Level 2).
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Background, legal basis and definition of safeguarding, child protection and child abuse
- Serious case reviews and core functions of Safeguarding Partners
- Concept of significant harm, what to do if child abuse is suspected as well as the key principles of child protection
- Who abuses children and the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- Recognising signs of abuse from the victim and perpetrator
- Causes and effects of abuse on children
- Information to record and what to do if you have concern
- Responding to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
- Types of questions that can be asked, should be asked, and should be avoided
- Considerations before referring a safeguarding concern to Children’s Social Care
- Information you should provide to Children’s Social Care and the questions you should ask
- What you and Children’s Social Care should do following a referral
- The Framework for the Assessment of Children and their families and its principles
- Assessing children’s needs
- Understand the ‘Domains’ and ‘Dimensions’ of the Framework
- Importance of keeping an up to date chronology and how to record one
- Purpose and possible outcomes of a Strategy Discussion and Section 47 Enquiries
- Initial Child Protection Conferences
- Background and the Law
- Child Abuse Awareness
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- If You Have Concern
- Responding to a Disclosure – What You Should Do
- Responding to a Disclosure – How to Ask Questions
- Referring Safeguarding Concerns
- Recognising and Avoiding Dangerous Safeguarding Practice
- Child Protection Process and Procedures
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact email@example.com for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2)
I was able to learn new things and remember them through the quizzes as they reinforced your memory.
A really interesting look at child safeguarding. I will recommend this course.
Very interesting and educative. This is real life. Thank you that I have learned from you.
This course was very useful and helped me learn a lot.
Did really get into it, loved it….very good.
Good course, easy to read and kept you involved so you never lost interest.
I thought this course was excellent. The content was very good and explained well.
I would encourage staff to participate in this form of learning.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.