Assessment and Approval of Adopters
Did you know that legislation introduced in 2013 targets adoption approval within six months? It should now be faster and easier to adopt, especially if you’ve previously adopted or are an approved foster carer.
In this course you’ll learn about this new process and gain an understanding of the two-stage approach.
You’ll develop a holistic view of the process that will help you as a prospective adopter, adoption panel member, or an employee working in adoption as part of your role.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
This course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
Looking for a course that covers the assessment process for foster carers? Check out our Assessment and Approval of Foster Carers course.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The adopter assessment process and timescales, from application to approval
- Two-stage approval, including Stage 1 and Stage 2 plans
- Learn about the fast-track process for previous adopters and approved foster carers
- What information is gathered
- What happens if a person is assessed as being unsuitable to adopt
- The roles and functions of the adoption panel
- How the adoption register works
- Where to go for advice and guidance
- Assessment and Approval of Adopters
4 reviews for Assessment and Approval of Adopters
I thought this course was very interesting and very helpful to my job role.
I thought the course was the right duration for me, the content was clear and concise and easy to follow.
Informative, educational. Useful to my role.
The graphics made the course more engaging and it was nice to have a narrator. Very enjoyable and informative.
Course was well balanced in its topics and categories.
Very detailed and interactive, helps learners attain the information displayed better.
Good basic information provided, allows for an overview of the process of becoming approved for adoption.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.