Child Sexual Exploitation – Level 1
In this child sexual exploitation course level 1, you’ll take a look at what child sexual exploitation actually means, learn about typical offender behaviour and get a clear picture of the impact on victims of CSE. After developing an understanding of the offence and who the offenders are, you’ll learn how to spot the warning signs.
Our Child Sexual Exploitation (Level 2) course is the next step if you’d like to build on this foundation knowledge, looking at what to do if you suspect a child is the victim of CSE.
You will automatically get a course certificate upon course completion, with your name, the CPD hours obtained, date and learning objectives covered.
The course contains plenty of additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide for future reference.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good working knowledge of:
- What child sexual exploitation (CSE) is
- Current attitudes to CSE
- Types of offender: who they are, their motives and typical behaviours
- Different models of abuse
- How big the problem of child sexual exploitation is
- The grooming process and what grooming can lead to
- How to spot the clues to inappropriate intentions
- Who the victims are, what marks them out and who is vulnerable
- Under-represented groups
- Common misconceptions
- Consent and criminalisation
- The impact of CSE on the child and why it can be difficult to disclose
- The indicators and warning signs of CSE
- What children do online and key internet acronyms to look out for
- Risky behaviours
- What children think
- What constitutes a gang or group, and differences between gang and group CSE
- The key differences between multiple- and single-perpetrator CSE
- Why children are slipping through the net
- The OCC framework to prevent and deal with CSE
- CSE good practice guidelines for professionals
- What is Child Sexual Exploitation?
- Offender Behaviour
- The Victims of Child Sexual Exploitation
- The Warning Signs of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Child Sexual Exploitation and the Role of the Internet and Social Media
- Child Sexual Exploitation in Gangs and Groups
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Child Sexual Exploitation – Level 1
This course is amazing – everyone must do it
Fantastic course – the best I’ve ever done
I will recommend this course to everyone I know
This must be the most comprehensive course on this subject out there
Brilliant – thank you
This will definitely change the way I work – I will ask all my staff to take this course
Everything I needed to know was in this course – well done Me Learning
I have learnt a great deal – very interesting and thorough
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.