Falls and Fracture Prevention in the Elderly
There are many risk factors that could lead to a fall, such as medical conditions and nutrition, footwear and environmental hazards. This course covers in-depth topics around the signs, physical and emotional effects and responses of falls and fractures. It also looks at what you can do to help reduce the risk of a fall and how to best respond to one.
On completion of this Fracture Prevention Practitioners (FPPs) course you will get a certificate with your name, CPD hours earned, date and learning objectives discussed.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The physical and emotional effects of a fall
- How to assess if someone is at risk of a fall and what the main risk factors are
- How to respond if you find out that someone in your care has fallen
- The importance of assessing and addressing modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for falls and how to respond to these risks
- The importance of educating those in your care on the best ways to avoid falling
- Why it is important to detect osteoporosis or weakened bones
- How to avoid or treat osteoporosis
- The benefits of an individualised and multifactorial approach to preventing falls
- Signs, Effects and Responses
- Risk Factors
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact email@example.com for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Falls and Fracture Prevention in the Elderly
Really enjoy this course and very good benefit learning and knowledge also good easy read.
Highly engaging and information.
A really useful course, great for my role.
A very good and interactive learning experience.
Great content, very pleased.
I learnt a lot more than I thought I would, thanks!
Quite an important eye-opener for me.
Very insightful, thoroughly enjoyed.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.