Gangs and Youth Violence
This course covers a comprehensive overview of the subject of gangs and youth violence, so you will understand what gangs are and what they do, the part women and girls play in gangs, and what can be done to prevent youth violence and gang recruitment.
This course contains three modules which give you a very clear picture of the state of the UK today.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
This course contains three refresher guides.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The ways gangs are defined and how gang violence is measured
- Territorial conflicts
- The risk factors for gang membership, and the warning signs that a young person is in a gang
- The roles women and girls play in gangs and why they join
- How they’re sexually exploited by gangs and the signs
- The windows of opportunity for intervention
- Racial bias regarding gangs and how to challenge your own thinking about violent youth
- The importance of inter-agency cooperation and intervening early
- Methods for schools to handle at-risk and disruptive students
- The role of the police, hospitals, and third sector groups in preventing gang recruitment and violence
- Girls and Women
- What Can Be Done?
5 reviews for Gangs and Youth Violence
Fantastic. Needed it for work but really enjoyed it anyway. Very engaging and I feel I have learnt a lot.
I found this course far more in depth than some previous online training I have completed. Interesting and informative.
It was an excellent and informative course.
Very good informative narrative in dealing with abuse interesting to know the difference between groups and gang abuse. everyone should be aware of this disgusting act towards a vulnerable young person.
The course was comprehensive covering all the components necessary to have an understanding of gangs.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.