Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery
This hour-long human trafficking training course provides you with a comprehensive knowledge of what can be a poorly understood subject. You’ll go back to basics on what modern day slavery is, then develop your knowledge of the challenges of this crime: for example the fact that it is under-reported and hard to spot.
You will also tackle issues related to children in trafficking and slavery contexts as well as learn the practical steps to follow if you suspect someone is a victim of human trafficking or modern day slavery.
On completion of the course you will get a certificate with your name, CPD hours earned, the date and learning objectives discussed.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a deep working knowledge of:
- What modern slavery is
- The principal legislation that deals with modern slavery
- The main ways in which victims are exploited
- The differences between human trafficking and migrant smuggling
- Why it is so hard for a victim to escape
- Who the traffickers are
- The definition of child trafficking
- The main ways in which children are exploited by traffickers
- The main indicators that a child is, or might become, a victim of trafficking
- How to respond if you come into contact with a child who is potentially a victim of trafficking
- Spotting the signs that someone might be a victim of modern slavery
- The broad indicators that a child might have been trafficked
- How to get help for these potential victims and support them into the National Referral Mechanism
- How the National Referral Mechanism works
- An Introduction to Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Modern Slavery: Spotting the Signs and What You Should Do
- Child Trafficking and Slavery
4 reviews for Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery
Extremely clear with a logical progression throughout.
This course was engaging and very informative. Not only was it interesting but also very clear and challenging at the same time
Very interesting content which was presented in an accessible manner.
I was happy with this course.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.