NHS Continuing Healthcare
The first module of this two-part course includes an overview of CHC and information about how assessments are made, including links to all the relevant documents.
In the second module you’ll learn about what happens after the assessment is made, including details about the provision of services and direct payments. This part of the course also goes into the options available to those who are not eligible for CHC (for example, NHS-funded nursing care and the appeals process).
When you complete this course you will automatically get a certificate with their name, CPD hours, date and learning objectives outlined.
Once you’ve completed this NHS e-learning course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- What continuing healthcare is
- How eligibility for CHC is assessed and who does CHC assessments for
- Who is responsible for CHC service provision
- How personal health budgets can be used
- The review process and appeals process
- When a person might be eligible for NHS-funded nursing care
- When children can be assessed for CHC
- The transition to adulthood
- What is Continuing Healthcare?
- What happens after the assessment?
4 reviews for NHS Continuing Healthcare
The course contains a substantial amount of information in an accessible format facilitating understanding.
I found the course quite engaging. The teaching method also made it very easy to follow and understand the subject matter.
The course was relevant to my role, checked on my learning, provided feedback and was easy to use.
I found this subject very interesting. It is an area that i will need to be more knowledgeable in my role as a social worker.
The course is sufficient as an overview
As this is a new area it was important that it was very clear – which I feel it was.
Very engaging and provided a good overview. Use of example situations was helpful in order to apply the learning.
Familiar with this topic but was interesting all the same
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.