Safeguarding Children Level 1 (ADINJC)
Containing five modules, this Safeguarding Children Level 1 course builds a foundation level knowledge of safeguarding children, equipping you with the skills you need to carry out your safeguarding responsibilities effectively, whatever your role and however frequent or infrequent your contact with children.
By the way, if you work in the education and health sectors, we have alternative versions of this course bundle written specifically for you:
On completion of this course you will automatically get a course certificate, complete with your name, the CPD hours you’ve earned, the date and the learning objectives covered.
The course also includes access to additional resource materials, useful links and a handy refresher guide.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a good working knowledge of:
- The background, legal basis, key principles and definitions for safeguarding, child protection and child abuse
- The importance of serious case reviews and Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards
- The concept of significant harm and what to do if child abuse is suspected
- Who abuses children and the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- The causes of abuse and how to recognise the signs of abuse, both from the victim and the perpetrator
- The effects of abuse on children
- How to and how not to respond to concern that a child is at risk of harm
- What information to record in circumstances of suspected abuse and what to do if you have a concern
- How to respond to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
- Background and the Law
- Child Abuse Awareness
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- If You Have Concern
- Responding to a Disclosure – What You Should Do
We provide cost-effective annual solutions allowing up to 5, 10, 20 or a whole library of digital courses starting from £12 per learner, subject to requirement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Contact us
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.