This diabetes training will show that type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes have very different and distinct characteristics and can affect sufferers in very different ways.
Over the four modules of this diabetes course you will learn about these differences, get great practical tips around management of diabetes and learn of the impact of diabetes on those it affects.
You’ll get to understand the ways that sufferers can adapt their lifestyles to reduce the risk of developing pre-diabetes, diabetes itself, or from reaching a dangerous weight that makes diabetes a reality.
You will automatically receive a course certificate on completion of this diabetes course – with your name, the CPD hours you have earned, the date and learning objectives covered.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a full knowledge of:
- What type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes are; and the differences between them
- Why having high blood sugar levels is bad
- The common symptoms and dangers of type 1 diabetes
- The main challenges for those with type 1 diabetes
- The appropriate diet for type 1 diabetics
- How to treat a diabetic emergency
- The challenges for carers and the wider family of a diabetic
- The causes and symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- The factors which increase the risk of type 2 diabetes
- The short and long term complications of type 2 diabetes
- How to help someone with pre-diabetes
- Lifestyle interventions and the best ways to lose weight
- The essential examinations and tests for a diabetic
- Diabetes in older people and younger people
- What gestational diabetes is
- An Introduction to Diabetes
- Diabetes Awareness – Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Awareness – Type 2 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
Purchases of 10 or more courses will automatically recieve a 10% discount at checkout. We also offer discounts to charities and organisations looking to buy licenses in bulk. Contact us for more information.Contact us
4 reviews for Diabetes Awareness
Very useful and thought provoking.
This course was very helpful; and the lay out was good as it kept you engaged by asking questions throughout.
Very good pictures and diagrams which explained the messages well.
I found this course far more in depth than some previous online training I have completed.
I really enjoyed this course, I was completely intrigued from the get go and feel I have learnt a great deal.
Really loved it.
The information is well thought out and I felt I learned a great deal.
I really like the structure and variety of methods of delivering the information.
Do you have a question?
Whether its a technical question or a sales enquiry, our helpdesk and sales team will be happy to help.